Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Software sucks .. sometimes nicely

Uploading pictures to #Blogger and #Commons is broken for me. I uploaded a poster about our collaboration with the Dutch National Archive and Spaarnestad photo and it looks awful on the Dutch Wikipedia.

Blogger is still broken and it does not allow me to link to images either. I feel very frustrated BUT I now have the impression that they are trying to fix things.

It is quite obvious that people at Google and at the Wikimedia Foundation are frustrated as well. They can do well without such hassles. However, problems with software that is used by many people is bound to break every now and again.

I will happily post a picture of a Buddha when the techies have stopped suffering.
Thanks,
      GerardM

3 comments:

Michael Everson said...

I switched to WordPress.

Anonymous said...

The issue with the image you uploaded to Wikimedia Commons was that it was colour coded in CMYK. Most web applications have issues with that. Best something to check for before uploading.

GerardM said...

I do not know what CMYK means. For me it means that it is broken. However, The DJ has now fixed this issue for everyone I understand.
Thanks,
GerardM