Tuesday, April 26, 2011

To #twitter in "indigenous" languages II

At this moment #Wikipedia supports many more languages than indigenoustweets.com. I can imagine that having tweets in our languages is something that is of interest to our language communities.


Kevin Scannell in this interview with Brian Lehrer is quite clear: he is interested in every small language. It might be an idea to link to Indigenoustweets on project like OmegaWiki and translatewiki.net where portals can be found for many languages.
Thanks,
        GerardM

3 comments:

Kevin Scannell said...

Thanks for posting this! One technical note that should make this kind of linking easier: I have redirects set up so that you can use ISO 639-1 or 3 codes on Indigenous Tweets when both exist. For example http://indigenoustweets.com/gle/ redirects to http://indigenoustweets.com/ga/.

Steven Walling said...

One thing I was wondering about when I saw this...

Might we use the lists as tools for recruiting editors to small language Wikipedias?

Sonya Van Schaijik said...

Hi there, Great to listen to the discussion. What I found initially is when I tweeted in my language of Samoan, the numbers of followers usually dropped. That does not seem so noticeable anymore.