Sunday, February 15, 2009

Usability.wikimedia.org

There is a wiki for the Wikipedia Usability Initiative and it has one nice surprise; it uses the Liquid Threads extension for its talk pages.I have started two threads on my user page and I find the way it feeds into the recent changes really intriguing.

The Liquid Threads provide a paradigm shift away from the current talk pages and, I do welcome having more control over the discussions. With the implementation of LQT in the Usability wiki, I think there is no need to have a separate implementation in the labs environment.

I wonder what it takes for a labs implementation to happen. Brion indicated in his FOSDEM presentation, that Semantic MediaWiki is a mature technology, I would welcome a labs implementation. I would love to learn what the procedure is for getting one.
Thanks,
GerardM

1 comment:

Andrew said...

In the last few days, Brion assigned me to work on LiquidThreads, so I've been trying to clean up the code and squish bugs.