Thursday, May 20, 2010

#iPad, iDodo and #Android

First there were e-readers, they were closed but cheap and did one thing well. Then there was the iPad it did took over the attention from the e-readers and is a closed, expensive but more capable tool.

Adroid is different, its website talks about "what is new". You are expected to know that it is an operating system for ... eh ... Its logo is available under a CC-by license ...This operating system is available to any manufacturer and Android phones outsell the iPhone.

Understanding the i-thingies is easy because there is little to choose from. There is only one supplier. Choosing for Android is easy but then you still have to choose the hardware that serves your need best.

I have not really been paying attention.. is there already something sizeable running Android that competes with the iPad ?? Who is manufacturing it, who is selling it in my market ? Do I have to wait like Apple has me wait ??

Did I say that it is your choice what you do with your Android, did I say that it is open source, did I say choice.. your choice?
Thanks,
     GerardM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The entourage device is the only one that I've heard about, here's a link. http://www.entourageedge.com/entourage-edge.html

brion said...

What I'm more interested in is whether there's been any UI work so apps will actually make good use of the screen space on a tablet. The ipad is basically a big iPod touch when it comes to hardware, but the software has actually been modified to fit it.

An android tablet that gives a comparable user experience AND provides more user freedom would be killer...